The Admissions Office is located adjacent to the Emergency Department waiting room and can be accessed through the Emergency Room entrance or through the front lobby. Admission hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. To reduce your wait time and process time for admission, you are encouraged to call the Admissions Office at 731-588-3224 for pre-registration. Patients, who pre-register by phone will only need to sign the required forms and show verification of insurance and identification upon arrival at the hospital.
When you register for medical services, certain information and authorization will be needed for your medical record and for making financial arrangements. All information will be handled confidentially. Please bring:
- all insurance information including your insurance and/or Medicare/TennCare cards
- any co-pays or deductibles to be paid at this time.
Additional information that will be helpful for you to bring includes:
- your medical history (previous surgeries or medical conditions allergies, etc.)
- a list of current medications
- an advance directive, if you have one
Room assignments will be determined by the kind of medical treatment you are scheduled to receive and room availability. You may be transferred to another room or unit in the hospital as your condition changes.
All patients are admitted to Volunteer Community Hospital without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, economic status, educational background or the source of payment for care.
Registration & Scheduling
You may pre-register by calling 731-588-3357 from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- all your insurance information and cards, including Medicare/TennCare
- any co-pays or deductibles required by your insurance